Super Sonic   +  single mum

The Single Mummy Experiment

Well hello there,

Welcome to my Single Mummy Experiment. Nope, I haven't kicked the Man out. he's in hospital for a week. nothing to worry about, don't lose sleep over it- he's being pumped full of super strong IV antibiotics in an attempt to kill a manky fish bacteria he got from stabbing his hand with a screwdriver he was using to loosen a screw on his fish tank filter. Yep, seriously.

So I'm looking at this as the Single mummy Experiment. This is Day One- my first full day of doing it on my own. And I called in the cavalry- my best mate and my mum, at varying shifts during arsenic hour. The house is clean, but I am bone weary and should have been in bed hours ago.

So the stats are...
Day One.
Frazzle Meter Reading : Medium.
Exhaustion Meter Reading: High
Sexual Frustration Meter Reading: Low
Cigarettes Smoked: A'plenty.
Times shouted: Nil.

All in all, not doing too badly. But I have to take my hat off to those of you who do it on your own- God knows how you do it. I never realised just how much I relied on the man to take one or both the kids off my hands, so I could get ten minutes r & r. Who do you call on, when you need help? What do you do when you just can't take it anymore? I'm whinging like a little girl and it's only been 36 hours!

I'll keep you posted. I promise not to whinge about it all week- another two days, and I'll probably be considering a divorce just so I can keep up the peace, quiet and satisfying state of house cleanliness- honestly, today has been proof that the Man makes much more mess than the kids.