Super Sonic   +  nerd stuff

Are you a dog ear-er, or not?

Aloha, readle deedles,
There's a theory that I've had brewing for a number of years now. There are two types of people in this world, I think- those that dog ear their books when they can't find a bookmark, and those who most definitely do not.

Now, before I go on, I mean no offence. But I have never really understood people who are precious with books. Not that I don't have respect for them- I do. Books and I are very good friends. My Chop knows not to rip them, or draw in them. But he also knows Mum doesn't get cranky over general wear and tear issues.
And it's the same with my books. I love them, each and every one. But they are well worn and well used. The pages are dog eared. I'd say that's because I can never find a bookmark, but really it's because I don't see the point in bookmarks. And they fall out when a book is bouncing around in your over sized handbag.

I'm also a spine cracker. I'm OK with things, if I happen to put a book down and the spine cracks. I actually find the sound quite satisfying.

And I'll even confess to being an eater-reader. Most of my books have crumbs in them, smears of chocolate on the pages, or apple stickers on the back covers.
As I said earlier, no offence meant, please don't throw things at me. But I do think I would probably avoid copulation with people who are anal when it comes to the condition of their books. It just wouldn't be any fun.
So... which are you? A dog ear-er, spine cracker... or not?