Super Sonic   +  StationHouse

Falling Into Place

Sometimes things just fall into place, without you meaning them too.

That's happened to me, just lately.

I've been stressed and sad and stuck between a few rocks and hard places.

Loving the serenity of Paradise. But being overwhelmed by the solitude on bad days.

Not wanting to move my children back to hustle bustle of the 'burbs, but desperately needing to be closer to my family and friends.

All set up with a new house in Paradise... but the thought of moving there just making me cry.

And having money. Why does that always cause so much stress?

Wanting to buy a house, a place for my children and myself to call our own, a roof guaranteed over our heads. But not having quite enough money to do that. And knowing that, the longer I rent, the less money I have, and the further away that dream of owning our own home- being safe and stable and secure again; the further that dream floats away.

And then, without warning, things fell into place.

My mum, with all that scary latent psychic ability she seems to have, presented me with a page torn from her local paper.

A house for sale. Jaw droppingly, within my price range.

Three bedrooms, two lounge rooms. a dishwasher, a Hills Hoist clothesline, wooden floors (OK, lino that looks like wooden floors, but whatever) grassy, sunny backyard; fenced and ready for our dog.

In a tiny semi-rural location, with a train line that runs only steam trains once a month. 45 minutes from the 'burbs, but with a population of less than 500 people.

Sadly, far away from the beach.

But closer to the people we love, the people who love us.

A little patch of land, all our own. Somewhere where I can make new holes, to hang pictures- the old ones that I took down months ago, and those I've taken since.

It took me less than twenty four hours to decide to purchase this little TrainStation House. And then I came home and wrote this post. And the whole time, I can hear my husband's voice ringing in my head. He's telling me he's proud of me.

I'll keep you all posted, as usual.

We move in less than two weeks.

And for the first time in months, I'm smiling.