Super Sonic   +  Websites

If I Were, I'd Be... In The After

After I posted last week that I'm no different from any other blogger but you should vote for me anyway, a few of us all got all nostalgic on Twitter about the good ol' days when we used to have to hand crank our modems and walk five kilometers through the freezing snow with no shoes just to get a wi-fi connection. Or something.

Actually, truth be known, we were reminiscing about memes and how much fun they were. If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, a 'meme' is a blog game. Like this one. Or this one. Or this one here.

And we decided we're bringing them back, jellybeans. Eden already does Fresh Horses, MummyTime is doing her iHappy Monday again, but this time on Instagram. The Muse Wars returns here to RRSAHM in the next month.

So, to get the warm meme-y fuzzies flowing, I've decided to re-meme my favorite meme. I don't know who came up with this one, but I'm saying- feel free to pinch it, do it for yourself on your blog, and pass it forward. If for other reason than deciding which flower you'd be is guaranteed to make you feel good. If you do post your own 'If I Were, I'd Be'; leave me a link in the comments so I can come check it out? Cheers.

Personally, it's not just the feel-good factor that makes this particular game appealing. Everyone changes this much in eighteen months... right?


Picture related, but totally not. It's me in felt. Thanks so much Jenny- I love!!

If I Were, I'd Be....

If I were a month, I'd be the November rain.

If I were a day of the week, I'd be Sunday.

If I were a time of day, I'd still be way past bedtime.

If I were a planet, I'd be a star. I'd be a super nova who's not quite yet a black hole... just.

If I were an animal, I'd still be a pussycat, but curled up this time, no longer stretched out in the sun.

If I were a direction, I'd be forward..

If I were a piece of furniture, I'd just be a milk crate..

If I were a liquid, I'd be something viscous.

If I were a gemsotone, I'd be a diamond, uncut, raw.

If I were a tree, I'd still be a flame tree.

If I were a tool, I'd be that pen that is mightier than the sword.

If I were a flower, I think I'd still be a daisy.

If I were a kind of weather, I'd be the Sydney's last unSummer.

If I were a musical instrument, I'd still be an acoustic guitar.

If I were a color, I'd be black and blue.

If I were an emotion, I'd be flinching dissent.

If I were a fruit, I'd be still watermelon.

If I were a sound, I'd still be the last hurrah.

If I were an element, I'd be the alchemist's gold.

If I were a car, I wouldn't be... I'd walk.

If I were a food, I'd still be jellybeans.

If I were a place, I'd still be right here.

If I were a material, I'd be washed out flannelette.

If I were a taste, I might still be fairy floss... or the metallic penny-under-your-tongue, a side effect that comes with anti-depressant medications. Or both.

If I were a scent, I'd be lavender and liquorice and cigarettes.

If I were a body part, I'd be big blue eyes.

If I were a facial expression, I'd still be a tongue stuck out...followed by middle finger stuck up, and a smile.

If I were a pair of shoes, I wouldn't be... I'd go barefoot. But I'd keep those old Cons in the back of my wardrobe somewhere... just in case I needed them.