Super Sonic   +  tv me

A Whole Can Of Worms

Thanks to people who know people (cheers to the coolest dinosaur on the block), I was an audience speaker on this week’s episode of the Aussie TV show Can Of Worms.

I put in my shiny two cents on a topic in which I may someday be considered an expert– over sharing online and within the social medias.

As I said on the show, I'm a chronic and compulsive over sharer. And I love my blog. Not to mention Twitter. People are so busy these days, communities are hard to come by– online, you can find unbridled but somehow unburnable support.

If you missed it, you can check it out in the clip above- I start speaking right on the 4:58 mark.
And, yes, Chrissie Swan is just as awesome and completely genuine In Real Life as she seems.

It always takes me slightly by surprise if people tell me what I've written or said or done was ’brave’. I think maybe I've just belted myself– and a lot of you– around the head with the stuff I never thought I'd be able to say so many times that I'm numb to it.

And I think that's a good thing.

I'd really, really like to think that sometime in the not too far off future, everyone will be as unsurprised and nonplussed should the topics of suicide and mental illness happened to come up in conversation.

And hopefully that will mean that they won't even come up that often at all- simply because suicide will no longer be something that seems to have left icy fingerprints on the life of every second person you pass on the street, and mental illness discussed with as little shame as any other medical condition.