Super Sonic   +  mcn

OK, so now I understand the whole mcn thing…

Hi all,
Oh, I should be in bed. But sporadic blogging is better than none at all, so i figure. Not that i have a lot to write about atm. Just plodding along. Ho hum.

For some reason, I've decided it's time to foray into the world of cloth nappies- moi, possibly the laziest person on earth. I'm having a particularly motivated streak right now, so let's hope I get into a routine of washing and using them before the cycle swings firmly back to apathy. That's the key to things with me, i think- once they are part of the routine, I do them. It's just that most of the time I lack the inclination to do anything new.

So I am now the proud owner of four brand new pocket nappies, with another two (a fitted and an AIO) on the way from EBay, and a few being lent to me by friends to try them out. I used to think all you cloth nappy chicks were totally insane (no offense intended- insane in the nicest possible way) but now I know better. They are just so cool- soft and fluffy, and the big bum-ness is the cutest thing I've ever seen. It's a wholly satisfying feeling to know that they are going in the washing machine and not in the bin, and it was even more satisfying today, when I spent the $40 I would normally spend on 'sposies for dd in a week on some lovely new cloth.

And I also understand the addiction. Who knew cloth nappies could be so seriously spunky? Giraffe print bums, Chinese silk brocade bums, embroidered bums, special occasion bums, ruffled bums... the list just goes on and on. If I'm not careful, this could quite easily end up more expensive than 'sposies, not less. Between my cloth nappy searches and purchasing die cast Thomas trains for ds's train set (which I justify by saying they are collectibles, and I'm only buying the limited edition ones, and besides, one train had the same name as dd!), dh has officially changed his EBay password, and as I don't have my own credit card, I'm high and dry. I'm already contemplating ways to hack his account. *ahem**cough* Did someone say shopaholic?