Super Sonic   +  sarah is the coolest person ever

Guest Post- How I Met Your Father…

Huh? What's going on? Where have you been? Check out the deal-io here.

Introducing today's guest poster- Super geek girl, AKA the fabulous Sarah from Just Me.

Did you like that? See what I did there?

Anyway not exactly your father, but my kids father. My hubby, the love of my life, my other half etc etc.

We started high school together in 1991. He was a geek. I was not (yet LOL).

He fell in love with me & I couldn't stand him. Oh dear, not a good start right?

So what does any 12 year old boy to get close to the girl he likes do? He decided to join the same school sport as my sister to get my phone number..... Then take a year to actually use said phone number! He asked me to go to a movie with him; I said yes. I hung up the phone & thought oh no I don't want to go out with that geek boy, so I lied.... I went to school the next day & told him my dad wouldn't let me go. To this day he still gives me grief over it!!

By the end of year nine, a good 18 months after the movie incident, I finally decided to relent & went out with him. We went to the movies a few times, kissed for the first time & did all that sort of high school romance sort of stuff. Then I got cold feet for some reason & unceremoniously dumped him.

Lots of stuff happened in the few years between then and when we got together finally.

In the last week of the school holidays between year 11 and 12 I decided I wanted him back.... He arrived home from a week away with his family & came to visit. I told him that I heard he had a new girlfriend & he was dumbfounded until I told him it was me LOL! This was January 9th 1996.

Us at our Year 12 Formal, 1996

('scuse the quality, it was scanned)

In the march the next year I was upset over my grandfather having just passed away & sitting in my bedroom, in my parents house, he asked me to be with him forever. We were both 17 at the time. I said yes.

It was all made official on the 9th of October that year when he officially proposed & gave me an engagement ring. We were married in 2000 and are coming up to 10 years in August.

Such a turn around from me making up excuses not to go out with him to not being able to live without him huh?!

Us as bridesmaid & groomsman at our friends' wedding in 2009.