Super Sonic   +  stuff that makes me happy

What's With The Narky? (A Hippy Love and Peace Post)

I'd rather see the world from another angle
We are every day angels.....
Be careful with me
Cause I'd like to stay that way.
-Jewel

Aloha,

As we've established before, I am naive. Innocent. Kinda stupid. The Man told me the other day "I'd love to see the world through your eyes. Must be lovely. Fairies and flowers and rainbows and sh*t."

True, that. He couldn't be more right.

I am, for the most part, a happy camper.

Don't get me wrong, I can whinge and bitch along with the best of them. But outright narkiness- just for the point of being narky- ain't my style.

Everyone's so cranky at the moment. They scowl instead of smiling. People beep their horns and squeal their tires. Complain quickly and loudly. Think the worst. Forget to smile about the little things.

Even here, in the marshmallow cushion of the blogosphere, people take offense to things so quickly, react so righteously.

A long time ago, I got sick of tying myself up in knots, getting upset by other people's opinions. Taking everything to heart. Just because someone holds an opinion that's contrary to mine, it doesn't mean they are saying I'm wrong, or my choices are inadequate. It's not all about me- in fact, very little of anyone else's stuff is about me. It's about them.

All images from We <3 It. Where else, for a hippy love and peace and group hug post?

I'd like to think that, as citizens of the World in general who have to share a planet, we could reach a place where we acknowledge that we're all always gonna think differently about things. Live and let live. Listen to what other people have to say, but don't take it too seriously. And remember you never know anyone else's big picture, unless you've spent the night in their pajamas, with their husband snoring beside you. Oh, and that karma- she's a bitch. OK? OK.

Anyways, I got to the point where, every time something someone said or did, or a stance they took, irked me and gave me the irits, I'd stop and sky myself- why? Why is this bothering me? What stuff is it bringing up within me? If this person isn't directly taking about me, why is it raising my hackles? And what can that tell me about myself?

A lot of the time, it means I learn something new about myself, get to search myself a bit deeper, know myself a bit better. Acknowledge my own stuff. And heaven knows, in my head, there's plenty of stuff to be acknowledged.

Other times, I look deeper and discover I had every right to be offended. Some people are just f*kwits. I really don't think they can help it. That's the way the carousel goes round.

Whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say, to the whole entire World in general, is... chill out. Lighten up. It isn't that bad.

And even if it is, tomorrow it may not be.

A post for all the proud members of the Meh... Can't Be Arsed Club. Oh, and this is Thursday's post, published early at B's request- it seems to be National Chill Out In The Blogosphere Day.