Super Sonic   +  stuff that makes me happy

So. What Do You Think About Stuff...?

It's world Suicide Prevention Week this week and today in Australia it's RUOK Day.

As I've said so many times you may just be sick of hearing it– if someone asks you “Are you OK?” they actually want to hear the truth, even if that means saying “Not great”- especially today. The askee may be actually be able to do sweet f*ck-all to help you... but, as they say, a problem shared is one halved.

Sometimes, just saying it out loud is enough to shine light on things that are never as big or as daunting as they seem in the dark.

Speak... if someone asks, they care. Speak.

***

As requested, the entirety of the retro jellybean photo shoot is here on Flickr. Votes still being taken on which shot fills the blank in the new RRSAHM header....

***

Speaking of votes and, ya know, this blog and all, I've gots a quick survey about what you love, hate, what you think is edible and what you would change about RRSAHM here. It will only take about two minutes and forty three seconds, all questions are optional and it's completely confidential which means I won't be able to track you down and steal your letterbox if you tell me you don't like the sugar high.

Not that I'd do that. Really. It's just that... those out there who don't like jellybeans? I am never going to understand you people.

***

If you all leave me linked up and alone for this month’s Muse Wars, I will cry. That is all.

***

Not really– that being all, I mean, the crying I'm totally serious about. If you'd like to submit an image to be used as next months inspiration for the Muse Wars, drop me an email– any and all images welcome as long as you own the right to use it and it doesn't contain pictures of naked kittens eating palm oil or anything really weird like that.

***

Sometimes, I get to do really cool stuff.

And sometimes I manage to f*ck that cool stuff up.

A few weeks back now I was sent to The Darling hotel in Sydney thanks to Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir, Head and Soulders green apple shampoo (yum. Just... yum) and the Oral B Triumph 5000 toothbrush (if electric toothbrushes have a mother.. then this is it. It is the toothbrush with a wifi connection. As well as beeping you through your brushing schedule and refusing to brush if you push too hard, it actually makes your teeth feel as though you've just been to the dentist for a clean. And I'm not even making that up).

The Darling is just freaking divine. I have never seen anything like this place. I think because they knew I was someone a bit special (heh) but had no idea who, the lurvely Darling desk staff upgraded me to suite. Which meant I had a loungeroom and a kitchen, complete with my very own Nespresso machine; a bedroom with the biggest, most comfortable, bed I have ever seen and a bathroom with a rain fall shower head, a huge bath and lots of tiny packets of cool stuff like shower caps and bath salts.

Yes... I think that's cool. What...? I have a thing for hotels. Especially really nice ones where I can operate the lights, blinds, room service and air con via the TV remote without leaving the comfort of the lounge, or massive bed, depending on where I'm sitting. And where they knock and offer a turn down service at eight pm ("Errrr... no, thanks." the whole idea is a bit creepy. But the offer was lovely). And where everything is so automated that even the mini bar works on sensors- remove that sixteen dollar box of jellybeans (what else?) for more than thirty seconds and it feeds directly to your bill. Which I'm told feeds straight on to one’s credit card.


The artwork was cool... the view was better.
So. The big plan was to make with the awesome and do a video blog for y’all, showing off the decadent luxury I had somehow found myself in. The very bad news is... remember how I blew the speakers on my flip cam? Well. Turns out the replacement one had a bad habit of corrupting SD cards to the point where anything I recorded was rendered unreadable and, obviously, unusable.

And that's where the me f*cking up part comes in.

The good news is- I diagnosed the new flip cams SD intolerance problem just in time to get the footage of this...

That's really, truly me. On a flying trapeze.

F*ck yeah. Watch me fly– that's coming next week.

And don't forgot that survey, mmmkay? Cheers.