Super Sonic   +  weWISHyouamerryxmas

The Eye Of The Storm...?

December has passed so quickly, been so busy... it's had new life and Christmas trees and the weather here in TinyTrainTown still feels oddly like winter, not at all like last year... or maybe it is like last year, the heat didn't break properly last summer until the beginning of January. All that heat, all that pain... it felt like hell, and the few hot days we've had leave me pawing frantically against sensory memories, a disturbing feeling that something is wrong, even when it's not.

But December, so far... December has been OK.

I feel like I'm in the eye of a storm. A big one. The eerie, quiet centre of a cyclone, with a strange bursting air pressure filling my ears. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but do you blame me...? It feels as if there will be two weeks of penance, two weeks of relived torture. And they begin on January the first.

So... forgive me if I starve you all of new blog posts for the week between Christmas and New Years. It's not all bad news- the 26th till the 30th of December is Retro RRSAHM Week. I'll be reblogging some of my favorite posts from Before which you may not have stumbled across yet. I promise you, if nothing else, I will keep you supplied with light jellybean style entertainment while you lounge off the Christmas and Boxing Day overindulges (and the earlier-than-even-close-to-reasonable wake ups endured by the parents of small children).

The eye of the storm, or the centre of the ferris wheel. One of my favorite photos this year, taken from my Instagram feed.

I'll be back January second. It might not be fun here, those first few week of January. But stick with me, hey? Not only are things getting sunnier, but I got a brand new blog design to add to the surreality of it being almost a whole since Before.

Almost a year. A year. If I've done a year... this will not be the thing that breaks me. Not this lifetime.

Oh, and don't go anywhere just get... I have a story coming for you tomorrow, that we'll call a Christmas carol. I promise you, you'll like it.