Super Sonic   +  stuff that makes me happy

Just Another Blogger

I was interviewed by the Today show last week. It aired Tuesday morning, and both recording it and watching it back were awesome fun. The Chop is slightly in love with Syliva the reporter, which is understandable- she was gorgeous. But very tall. I felt like a midget. You can view the Today Show piece here.

I've done a fair few media bits and pieces, especially over the last twelve months. This was different though. Different, in a lovely kind of way. It wasn't so much an interview with 'the woman who talks about suicide' or the 'mum blogger whose husband died'. It was an interview with the Lori, who writes a blog called the Random Ramblings of a SAHM.

Just another blogger, telling her story, talking about random bits and pieces. And a bit of that story is that my husband passed away.

I got a comment a few weeks ago, here on my blog, that said "Lori, I have only just started following your blog and I had NO IDEA about your past". That was pretty freaking awesome. Meg read my blog and didn't know straight away.

Doesn't seem like much, I know. But it means a great big deal. Some days I feel as if I'm drowning in myself, in what happened to me, in what I carry with me. Some days it feels like that's all this blog is about too, as if the place where I write down my soul has been as totally swallowed as the rest of me.

That comment, and that interview... they've changed the viewpoint a little. Not changed where I stand... just the way I see things.

Sometimes I write about grief. sometimes I write about death and suicide and the ugly side of people and life and humanity. But I write about other stuff here too.

I'm just another blogger. Mum, personal, whatever. Just another blogger.

It's a good place to be.