Super Sonic   +  Websites

Deceptively Addictive Websites

Welcome,

Before I start, I just wanted to give y'all an update on the Man- thanks to Yankee Lori (am I allowed to say that??!) for asking. He is doing OK, just very bored and sick of being stuck looking at the same four walls (well, two walls and two ugly green curtains, anyway). They are just waiting to see what nasties show up in the blood cultures, and he might get to come home on Thursday. But this is the New South Wales public health system, so we are not holding our breath.

I just wanted to share with y'all my favorite, most addictive websites- mainly for Gem88, to get through another long day in the office (except for the baby one, OK Gem?). The sites that steal the time I really should be spending on more productive things like mopping my floors, packing up the baby clothes for hand me downs, or learning a third language.

The worst culprit, top of my Most Visited drop down, is Belly Belly (hello to anyone-anyone?- who is linking from there). It's a truly beautiful virtual community of like minded women (and a sprinkling of men) with kids. Any mums into breastfeeding, cloth nappies, co-sleeping and gentle parenting, I advise you to have a peek.

Another time stealer is Snopes. Absolutely packed with bloody useless information. I don't think I've read the entire site yet, but I'm working on it.

Snopes is responsible for leading me to this very bizarre marketing campaign, the Subserviant Chicken (type whatever you like- the possibilities are endless!)

There's also a few fabulous, hugely popular blogs that deserve a mention- DayDream Lily and Photoshop Disasters are two of my favorites. And let's not forget the very funny FailBlog (Fail!) and the even funnier Hacked IRL, with gems like this one..

Culture Jamming Graffiti

And thanks to Kellyansapansa for introducing me to this deceptively addictive website. Who doesn't need a USB pet rock, some yummy bacon lip balm or, my personal favourite, some juggle-able viruses. I can't tell you how entertaining that would have been, working in the Children's Hospital as a clown, and having the ability to juggle the common cold.