Super Sonic   +  twilight

Twilight- Great story, drudge of a read

Howyadoin',

Now, with the American release of new Moon (lucky bitches) I've been thinking, and I know Mrs P. over at A Study In Contradictions agrees- Twilight is an absolutely awesome love story, with a great plot. However, it is also an a total drudgery to read.

Don't get me wrong me. I'm no Twi-hater. I'm a Twerd. A Twork. A Twi-hard. I love the stuff. But, I must confess... I've only read the books once. **Ducks from onslaught of over priced merchandise being thrown at her by scary teenage girls**.

Again, a disclaimer. I appreciate all the wonderful things Twilight has done for the world. Team Edward. Robert Pattinson, with his weird eyebrows. Team Jacob. Shirts that say "I kissed a vampire and I liked it". Robert Pattinson, with his weird hair. Amusing FaceBook groups with titles like "You're not a vampire, you're a sparkly douche bag in a tree" and "In my day, vampires sucked blood, not cock".

But I just cannot bring myself to read the books again. As much as I might like to. It's just too painful. The story is brilliant. The writing is anything but. Case in point- from the Preface of Breaking Dawn.

When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give to your beloved, how could you not give it?
If it was someone you truly loved?

I'm not even sure why- it just clunks. Stephanie Meyer, I love your imagination, but you write like a 10 year old.

Disclaimer- Yep, totally aware of pot-kettle-black with clunky writing, Ishould be so lucky as to write four best sellers, so on and so forth, and that i should have written this, like, years ago. Bite me.