Super Sonic   +  the man

Now just follow the path of my watch…

You are getting very, very sleepy....

Very sleepy...

...

WAKE UP!!!!

Right. Now I have your attention. What I wanna know today is...

Who's suggestible?

No, not that kind of suggestible. Weirdos. What kind of blog do you think this is?!

I mean to say, who's mind takes to suggestion very easily?

Allow me to explain.

About a year ago, the Man and I went to see this guy- Peter Powers. He's pretty groovy. If you're an Aussie and he's about, I highly recommend attending his shows. Just make sure to wear your sense of humor in the shade of black about leave your sensibilities at the door. OK? OK.

In the process of his shows (we went actually like him soooo much, we went twice) we saw:- two bogan guys jump into a bath tub together, and scrub each other down; a 40 year old woman whip people bums while wearing a police hat; a tubby bald guy dress in drag and mime to the Rocky Horror Soundtrack; some moron get on stage and announce, almost in tears, that his arsehole was missing; and quite a few people looking for leprechauns. I could go on. My only disappointment was that he never got around to using the coffin he had parked in the wings of the stage. That would have been interesting.

None of these people were plants, I can guarantee you all that, true as I sit here. It's a relatively small town. I can guarantee you that the bogan blokes in the bathtub were thoroughly horrified with themselves once the show was over.

Anyways, I digress....

I've long been aware that I am a muchly suggestible person. ("Sex?" "Sure!""Drugs?" "Sure?" "Lack of self respect?" "Totally!") This was confirmed at the first Peter Picollo Show when he ran a 'test', to see who was hypnosis-able but didn't want to go 'all the way', so to speak. Now, I'm a toes-in-the-water-first kinda girl when it comes to people messing with my somewhat fragile mind, so I went for this one.

And ended up with my hands clasped, arms struck, straight up in the air above my head.

I kid you not. I couldn't move them if I tried. I know, cause I did. Try, that is. Peter Piper Picked A Peck of Pickled Peppers even asked me "Are you sure you don't want to stay? You'd be so much fun!".

Erm, no, spanks anyway. Release me, moustachio-ed man.

And so he did.

And the I woke up and the whole thing was just a dream.

The End.

No, wait....

Scrap those last two lines, scribe.

Now, what I want from you, Constant Readers, is the 411. Have you ever been been hypnotised? Have you seen Peter Piper Can pick My Peppers in action? And do you find his power and the way he willingly abuses it kind of... well.... sexy? Or is that just me and my issues?

And, more importantly, are you the suggestible type? Do you find yourself swayed by the group think? Picking up on other people's speech patterns? Are you the kind of person who, if they take a naughty sickie from work, ends up feeling a bit off anyway?

And for any power hungry weirdos like mewho find the mechanics of hypnosis as fask-inating as I do, check out this awesome article from How Stuff Works.

One more thing. Before you go, if you could all just do me a favor and stare into the spiral here for one moment...

Now for the subliminal messages. You love Lori's blog. You will Follow and tell all your friends to Follow. You will visit and comment everyday. You will be exceptionally nice to your mum tomorrow, because she deserves it. And all your chocolates belong to me.